Lea Michele Finally Admitted to Dating Matthew Morrison in the Past
Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison managed to get over the awkwardness of co-starring on FOX's "Glee". Turns out, these two used to date before they were cast as student and teacher on the hit TV show.
Michele and Morrison became the subject of romance rumors due to their chemistry on screen. Michele opened up about their relationship in her new book "Brunette Ambition", saying they actually did date briefly during her Broadway days.
"When we shot the pilot, I met Cory Monteith, Kevin McHale, Amber Riley, and Chris Colfer for the first time," Michele wrote. "I had worked on Broadway with Jenna Ushkowitz and Matthew Morrison before. Matt had been a friend of mine for years, and in fact we'd actually dated back in the day for a Broadway beat." The 27-year-old actress went on dating Monteith before his death in July last year.
This is the first time that Michele had admitted to dating Morrison. The actor himself had played coy when addressing the rumor. "We were literally on set and I got a call from my publicist [about Michele], and [she] got a call a minute later and we looked at each other like, 'What the f**k?' It's so laughable," he told Parade magazine in 2010.
More Lea Michele News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech