Samantha Harris Undergoes Double Mastectomy
Samantha Harris is recovering following a double mastectomy. The former host of "Dancing with the Stars" said last month that she was diagnosed with breast cancer and now she has undergone the "grueling" surgery. She wrote on May 20, "Made it thru grueling double mastectomy #surgery. Thanks to all of my amazing surgical team."
"Like my 'art' b4 heading in?!" Harris added, referring to a selfie which is attached to the post. In the photo, she can be seen lying on what appeared to be her hospital bed. The star looked exhausted, but she managed to smile a bit for the selfie.
Harris revealed that she had breast cancer in early April. In an interview with ET's Brooke Anderson, the mother of two opened up about her reaction when the doctors told her the diagnosis. "The realization sort of overtook me, my eyes started to well up from tears when I was trying to keep myself calm because I thought the most important thing ... was that I needed to focus and listen to what they were saying ... and make sure I heard the words that they were telling me because there is a lot of information," she recalled.
"No matter how positive of a diagnosis as I have, it doesn't keep the demons of fear from taking over your mind and your thought process and thinking about the girls and thinking about [how] my dad wasn't able to walk me down the aisle. I will be here to plan my daughters weddings and they better like the dress I pick," the 40-year-old TV personality said of her fight with the disease.
Made it thru grueling double mastectomy http://t.co/lKy8VI7yQJ— Samantha Harris (@SamanthaHarris) May 20, 2014
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance