'Jem and the Holograms' Adds Juliette Lewis and Molly Ringwald
Oscar-nominated actress Juliette Lewis has been cast in "Jem and the Holograms", and so has TV star Molly Ringwald. Both actress' roles in the live-action movie directed by Jon M. Chu are still unknown.
"Jem and the Holograms", which is based on the 1980s animated TV series of the same name, had previously cast Aubrey Peeples as Jem, Stefanie Scott as Kimber, Aurora Perrineau as Shana, Hayley Kiyoko as Aja, and Ryan Guzman as Jem's love interest Rio. It is said to be a modern take on the classic series.
According to the synopsis, an orphaned teenage girl becomes an online recording sensation. She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt - one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.
Production is already underway but some of the characters are yet to get actors. Lewis' role presumably is a singing one. Outside acting, she served as the vocalist of rock band Juliette and the Licks before she went solo.
"Jem and the Holograms" is yet to have an official release date but is due next year.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role