'Jem and the Holograms' Adds Juliette Lewis and Molly Ringwald
Oscar-nominated actress Juliette Lewis has been cast in "Jem and the Holograms", and so has TV star Molly Ringwald. Both actress' roles in the live-action movie directed by Jon M. Chu are still unknown.
"Jem and the Holograms", which is based on the 1980s animated TV series of the same name, had previously cast Aubrey Peeples as Jem, Stefanie Scott as Kimber, Aurora Perrineau as Shana, Hayley Kiyoko as Aja, and Ryan Guzman as Jem's love interest Rio. It is said to be a modern take on the classic series.
According to the synopsis, an orphaned teenage girl becomes an online recording sensation. She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt - one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.
Production is already underway but some of the characters are yet to get actors. Lewis' role presumably is a singing one. Outside acting, she served as the vocalist of rock band Juliette and the Licks before she went solo.
"Jem and the Holograms" is yet to have an official release date but is due next year.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'