Michael Jace Charged With Homicide, Held on $1M Bail in Wife's Death
Michael Jace has been taken into custody on suspicion of murder after his wife was found dead in their Los Angeles house with gunshot wounds on her body. The actor is charged with homicide and held on $1 million bail. It's unclear what led to the fatal shooting, but police believe it's a "domestic-related incident."
Jace was reportedly involved in an argument with his wife after she went home from picking up their sons from baseball practice. Neighbors allegedly heard them arguing before the gunfire rang out. Their children, both under 10 years old, were at home when it happened. They are now staying with family members.
"When there's children involved, it's very sad. It's unclear if they saw the shooting, but they heard the shooting," LAPD Det. Sal LaBarbera told CBS LA. "And now to be left with no mother and no father, it's a very sad situation for all the kids involved." The officer added, "They were not physically hurt, but obviously their emotions are running high."
Jace called the law enforcement himself and confessed to the police that he shot his wife. Her body was found by the cops in the hallway of the house. According to Det. LaBarbera, there was no history of domestic incident reports either with police or from neighbors before the tragic shooting on Monday, May 19.
Jace is known for his role as Officer Julien Lowe on FX's series "The Shield". He also played minor roles in movies like "Forrest Gump" in 1994, "Boogie Nights" in 1997, and "Planet of the Apes" in 2001. Most recently, he had a recurring role on TNT's "Southland". According to public records, he is in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings. His wife was a teacher at a public school for the past 10 years.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami