Jennifer Lopez Penning Memoir 'True Love'
Jennifer Lopez is penning a memoir. The "American Idol" judge has signed a deal with Penguin Group (USA) for her first book called "True Love", the publisher announced on Monday, May 19. It will be released in English and Spanish on October 28 via Penguin's Celebra imprint.
According to the publisher, the memoir will focus on "one of her life's most defining periods." During the two-year period, she "confronted her greatest challenges, identified her biggest fears, and ultimately emerged a stronger person than she's ever been." It will be more like a "diary" and will feature photographs from the pop star.
Writing the book was such a "deeply cathartic, personal, and vulnerable experience" for her, Lopez admitted. The "I Luh You Papi" singer additionally explained, "If [the book] could touch even just one person then it would honestly become one of the most fulfilling endeavors of my life."
In other news, Lopez became the first woman to be honored with the Icon Award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 18 which took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. "All you little ones sitting on the living room floor, have faith, dream big, think big. And know that anything is possible, you never know where you might end up," she said in her acceptance speech.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3