Jennifer Lopez Penning Memoir 'True Love'
Jennifer Lopez is penning a memoir. The "American Idol" judge has signed a deal with Penguin Group (USA) for her first book called "True Love", the publisher announced on Monday, May 19. It will be released in English and Spanish on October 28 via Penguin's Celebra imprint.
According to the publisher, the memoir will focus on "one of her life's most defining periods." During the two-year period, she "confronted her greatest challenges, identified her biggest fears, and ultimately emerged a stronger person than she's ever been." It will be more like a "diary" and will feature photographs from the pop star.
Writing the book was such a "deeply cathartic, personal, and vulnerable experience" for her, Lopez admitted. The "I Luh You Papi" singer additionally explained, "If [the book] could touch even just one person then it would honestly become one of the most fulfilling endeavors of my life."
In other news, Lopez became the first woman to be honored with the Icon Award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 18 which took place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. "All you little ones sitting on the living room floor, have faith, dream big, think big. And know that anything is possible, you never know where you might end up," she said in her acceptance speech.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video