Karl Urban Calls for Fans to Launch Kickstarter for 'Dredd' Sequel
Karl Urban repeatedly said there were discussions for "Dredd" sequel, but producer Adi Shankar played down the actor's statement by hinting that the project was still a long shot. Now Urban tells fans to create Kickstarter campaign if they want to get the sequel off the ground quickly.
During a visit to the Motor City Comic Con, the "Almost Human" actor once again said he's optimistic that the 2012 film would get a second installment although he couldn't exactly confirm it. According to ComicBook.com, he then called for crowdfunding and promised he wouldn't turn down offer to reprise his role.
A remake of a 1995 adaptation "Judge Dredd" starring Sylvester Stallone, "Dredd" was rated R and pulled in only $41 million worldwide. Shankar stated in 2013 that a sequel was unlikely and then recently said, "I'm going to tread lightly here. ... Yeah, there are conversations going on [but] there's no f**king script."
He explained the challenges of making it happen, "The movie, it wasn't a studio movie, it was an independent movie. That changes the dynamic immensely, because every country has a different distributor who bought the movie. Every one of those distributors has to sign off."
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday