Karl Urban Calls for Fans to Launch Kickstarter for 'Dredd' Sequel
Karl Urban repeatedly said there were discussions for "Dredd" sequel, but producer Adi Shankar played down the actor's statement by hinting that the project was still a long shot. Now Urban tells fans to create Kickstarter campaign if they want to get the sequel off the ground quickly.
During a visit to the Motor City Comic Con, the "Almost Human" actor once again said he's optimistic that the 2012 film would get a second installment although he couldn't exactly confirm it. According to ComicBook.com, he then called for crowdfunding and promised he wouldn't turn down offer to reprise his role.
A remake of a 1995 adaptation "Judge Dredd" starring Sylvester Stallone, "Dredd" was rated R and pulled in only $41 million worldwide. Shankar stated in 2013 that a sequel was unlikely and then recently said, "I'm going to tread lightly here. ... Yeah, there are conversations going on [but] there's no f**king script."
He explained the challenges of making it happen, "The movie, it wasn't a studio movie, it was an independent movie. That changes the dynamic immensely, because every country has a different distributor who bought the movie. Every one of those distributors has to sign off."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby