'The Voice' Top 3 Performances Recap: Josh Kaufman Sets the Stage on Fire
Another competition is coming to an end this week. While ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" narrowed down its finalists to three on Monday night, May 19, NBC's "The Voice" pitted its Top 3 against one another in the final night of performances. Each singer sang three songs: one selected by fans, another selected by the coach, and a duet with the coach.
Christina Grimmie of Team Adam Levine sang first. America chose Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" for her which she sang in the Blind Auditions. Blake Shelton praised her ability to hit the big notes, Shakira liked her "insane upper register," and Adam thought she was better than the first time she sang it.
Christina's second song was Gotye and Kimbra's "Somebody That I Used to Know" which she sang with coach Adam. She later covered Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love", which Shakira called "flawless."
Josh Kaufman's first performance was a duet of The Police's "Every Breath You Take" with Usher. He later reprised Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". Shakira said, "No one can ever get bored listening to you," Adam once again expressed his regret for letting him go and Blake gushed, "Not only did you sing the crap out of that, you ad-libbed the crap out of that!"
Josh also sang Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" which closed out the night. He delivered it on a fiery set and earned rave reviews from the judges. His coach Usher declared him the winner of season 6.
Fans chose Keith Whitley's "Don't Close Your Eyes" for Jake Worthington. It was a strong performance and Usher commented, "It's because of your hard work, it's because of your coaching that you continue to grow."
He later sang another ballad, Richard Marx' "Right Here Waiting". Usher dubbed it "spotless," and Shakira liked the country version of the song. Jake did Hank Williams Jr.'s "A Country Boy Can Survive" with Blake for his third performance, which allowed the attitude in his voice to come out.
The winner will be announced on the two-hour finale Tuesday at 9 P.M.
More The Voice News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery