'The Voice' Top 3 Performances Recap: Josh Kaufman Sets the Stage on Fire
Another competition is coming to an end this week. While ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" narrowed down its finalists to three on Monday night, May 19, NBC's "The Voice" pitted its Top 3 against one another in the final night of performances. Each singer sang three songs: one selected by fans, another selected by the coach, and a duet with the coach.
Christina Grimmie of Team Adam Levine sang first. America chose Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball" for her which she sang in the Blind Auditions. Blake Shelton praised her ability to hit the big notes, Shakira liked her "insane upper register," and Adam thought she was better than the first time she sang it.
Christina's second song was Gotye and Kimbra's "Somebody That I Used to Know" which she sang with coach Adam. She later covered Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love", which Shakira called "flawless."
Josh Kaufman's first performance was a duet of The Police's "Every Breath You Take" with Usher. He later reprised Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered". Shakira said, "No one can ever get bored listening to you," Adam once again expressed his regret for letting him go and Blake gushed, "Not only did you sing the crap out of that, you ad-libbed the crap out of that!"
Josh also sang Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" which closed out the night. He delivered it on a fiery set and earned rave reviews from the judges. His coach Usher declared him the winner of season 6.
Fans chose Keith Whitley's "Don't Close Your Eyes" for Jake Worthington. It was a strong performance and Usher commented, "It's because of your hard work, it's because of your coaching that you continue to grow."
He later sang another ballad, Richard Marx' "Right Here Waiting". Usher dubbed it "spotless," and Shakira liked the country version of the song. Jake did Hank Williams Jr.'s "A Country Boy Can Survive" with Blake for his third performance, which allowed the attitude in his voice to come out.
The winner will be announced on the two-hour finale Tuesday at 9 P.M.
More The Voice News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'