Alfonso Cuaron to Direct Harry Potter Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'
Alfonso Cuaron is reportedly "deep in talks" to direct the first upcoming Harry Potter spin-off. According to Nikki Finke, the director who helmed 2001's "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" will be back behind the lens for another adaptation of J.K. Rowling's story "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them".
The movie is planned to hit theaters on November 18, 2016. It aims at launching a new trilogy, with two sequels expected to follow. The first installment will be written by Rowling herself based on the Hogwarts textbook of the same title which features Newt Scamander, the schoolbook's fictitious author in the Potterverse.
The movie is set years before the events of the "Harry Potter". It's neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to the Harry Potter fans, but Newt's story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry's.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch