Foo Fighters Plays a Surprise Show in New Orleans
Foo Fighters excited fans when they played a surprise show at Preservation Hall in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Saturday night, May 17. The show was announced by the rock band just hours before it's slated to begin.
Earlier in the day, frontman Dave Grohl teased the surprise concert with a photo of him posing with two members of the Preservation Hall Jazz. "So...NOLA, what're you guys up to tonight?" he captioned the image, which arrived via Twitter.
Fans packed the area and shut down the entire city block. The concert opened with a 30-minute set from the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. They enlisted Arcade Fire's Win Butler and Regine Chassagne, the VIP guests of the event, for a rendition of "Iko Iko".
Foo Fighters then took the stage and treated fans with the live performances of classics like "Times Like These", "My Hero", "Learn to Fly", "Big Me" and "These Days" during their 90-minute set. The group, who had spent the past few days recording new songs at the Preservation Hall, also talked about their stay in the city.
"This time, I feel like we really have gotten it right. We stayed here long enough so we learned a little bit about the city. We made a lot of friends," Grohl told the crowd.
Foo Fighters will visit legendary music studios in eight U.S. cities to work on their new album which they announced a few days ago. After New Orleans, the band will make stops in Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York and Washington, D.C. The process of making the album will be chronicled in a new HBO series that Grohl directed.
So...NOLA, what're you guys up to tonight? pic.twitter.com/bqk03GJ1qm— Foo Fighters (@foofighters) May 17, 2014
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'