Foo Fighters Plays a Surprise Show in New Orleans
Foo Fighters excited fans when they played a surprise show at Preservation Hall in New Orleans, Louisiana, on Saturday night, May 17. The show was announced by the rock band just hours before it's slated to begin.
Earlier in the day, frontman Dave Grohl teased the surprise concert with a photo of him posing with two members of the Preservation Hall Jazz. "So...NOLA, what're you guys up to tonight?" he captioned the image, which arrived via Twitter.
Fans packed the area and shut down the entire city block. The concert opened with a 30-minute set from the Preservation Hall Jazz Band. They enlisted Arcade Fire's Win Butler and Regine Chassagne, the VIP guests of the event, for a rendition of "Iko Iko".
Foo Fighters then took the stage and treated fans with the live performances of classics like "Times Like These", "My Hero", "Learn to Fly", "Big Me" and "These Days" during their 90-minute set. The group, who had spent the past few days recording new songs at the Preservation Hall, also talked about their stay in the city.
"This time, I feel like we really have gotten it right. We stayed here long enough so we learned a little bit about the city. We made a lot of friends," Grohl told the crowd.
Foo Fighters will visit legendary music studios in eight U.S. cities to work on their new album which they announced a few days ago. After New Orleans, the band will make stops in Chicago, Austin, Nashville, Los Angeles, Seattle, New York and Washington, D.C. The process of making the album will be chronicled in a new HBO series that Grohl directed.
So...NOLA, what're you guys up to tonight? pic.twitter.com/bqk03GJ1qm— Foo Fighters (@foofighters) May 17, 2014
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences