Robin Thicke Thanks Paula Patton at the Billboard Music Awards
Robin Thicke mentioned his estranged wife Paula Patton in his acceptance speech at the 2014 Billboard Awards which took place on Sunday, May 18 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The singer, who announced split from Patton in February, won Top R&B Song trophy for his hit "Blurred Lines". He said, "Most importantly I'd like to thank my wife for her love and support and for putting up with me for all these years."
In addition to thanking his actress wife, Thicke tried to woo her back by performing a song called "Get Her Back" at the awards show. "All right, you got to help me try to get her back now," he told the audience as he started the performance. "I never should have raised my voice or made you feel so small. I should have kissed you longer, I should have held you stronger. I'll wait for forever for you to love me again," he sang.
Thicke and Patton have been together since they were teenagers. The couple got married in 2005 and has a son named Julian. Shortly after announcing their separation in February, the "Blurred Lines" singer told a videographer that he would try to rekindle their relationship.
He then dedicated a song "Lost Without You" during a concert in Virginia. He told his fans back then, "For those of you who don't know, my wife and I got separated a few days ago, and I want everybody here to know that I'm trying to get my girl back."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son