Video: Michael Jackson, Katy Perry and More Perform at 2014 Billboard Music Awards
Michael Jackson was one of several big names in music who served as performers at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night, May 18. A hologram projection of the late legend appeared on the stage wearing a gold jacket, white T-shirt and a pair of red pants while performing an "Xscape" cut called "Slave to the Rhythm".
The performance opened with Jackson sitting in a throne and singing the first lines of the song. He then walked to the stage and showed off some of his iconic dance moves with a number of backing dancers. Some people in the audience were seen wiping the tears from their face as the performance continued.
Katy Perry was another act who was absent but managed to make appearance at the event, which was aired on ABC from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The pop queen, who was away for her "Prismatic" tour, performed her latest single "Birthday" from the Newcastle Metro Radio Arena.
The green-haired singer graced the stage in a pink plastic coat over an outfit decked out with smiling balloons. Mid-song, she asked a lucky fan to join her to perform the catchy and fun song atop a giant birthday cake.
Other performers included Imagine Dragons who tackled their "Tiptoe", Ricky Martin who delivered an energetic performance of "One Love, One Rhythm", Lorde who sang her "Tennis Court" and John Legend who played his piano while being joined by an orchestra as he performed his chart-topping single "All of Me".
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?