Justin Timberlake Thanks Everyone 'Except Donald Sterling' for the Billboard Music Awards Win
Justin Timberlake slammed L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling during his acceptance speech for his Top Artist award at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards. The singer, who was unable to attend the event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, made appearance via the big screen.
In the video, Timberlake who is on tour can be seen being surrounded by some of his tourmates. Mentioning his competitors in the category, he said, "It is not a competition but if it was, I won. I want to thank everyone on earth, except Donald Sterling." Timberlake beat other stars including Miley Cyrus, Imagine Dragons, Bruno Mars, and Katy Perry for the Top Artist trophy.
Timberlake won big at the awards show which was held on Sunday, May 18. In addition to Top Artist, he brought home Top Male Artist, Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Radio Songs Artist, Top R&B Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album and Top R&B Album trophies for his album "The 20/20 Experience".
The 33-year-old star previously sang his speech after winning Top Album award. "I'm shocked. I'm stunned. I'm really surprised. We don't even wanna say 'thank you.' We wanna sing 'thank you,' " he said.
Sterling recently landed in hot water after he was caught making racist comments against African-Americans during an argument with his girlfriend. In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper last week, he apologized, saying, "I made a terrible, terrible mistake. And I'm here with you today to apologize and to ask for forgiveness for all the people that I've hurt."
More Justin Timberlake News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney