St. Vincent Performs Tracks From New Album on 'Saturday Night Live'
St. Vincent helped wrap up the 39th season of "Saturday Night Live" on Saturday night, May 17. The singer, whose real name is Annie Clark, performed two songs as she made her debut appearance on the comedy show.
Clark first wowed her fans with a live rendition of a track called "Digital Witness". Dressed in an all-black outfit and joined onstage by a backing band, the former member of The Polyphonic Spree showcased her unique vocals while playing her guitar.
Later that night, Clark and her band returned to the stage to perform "Birth in Reverse". Both tracks performed on the show are featured in the singer's latest album "St. Vincent". The self-titled set, which received rave reviews from many music critics, was released back in February. It peaked at No. 12 on Billboard 200.
That night's "SNL" also included a number of other music-related skits, including one that sees Sasheer Zamata's Solange Knowles and Jay Pharoah's Jay-Z discussing their recent elevator altercation. Former cast member Andy Samberg made a return to the show as a guest host.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism