St. Vincent Performs Tracks From New Album on 'Saturday Night Live'
St. Vincent helped wrap up the 39th season of "Saturday Night Live" on Saturday night, May 17. The singer, whose real name is Annie Clark, performed two songs as she made her debut appearance on the comedy show.
Clark first wowed her fans with a live rendition of a track called "Digital Witness". Dressed in an all-black outfit and joined onstage by a backing band, the former member of The Polyphonic Spree showcased her unique vocals while playing her guitar.
Later that night, Clark and her band returned to the stage to perform "Birth in Reverse". Both tracks performed on the show are featured in the singer's latest album "St. Vincent". The self-titled set, which received rave reviews from many music critics, was released back in February. It peaked at No. 12 on Billboard 200.
That night's "SNL" also included a number of other music-related skits, including one that sees Sasheer Zamata's Solange Knowles and Jay Pharoah's Jay-Z discussing their recent elevator altercation. Former cast member Andy Samberg made a return to the show as a guest host.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'