St. Vincent Performs Tracks From New Album on 'Saturday Night Live'
St. Vincent helped wrap up the 39th season of "Saturday Night Live" on Saturday night, May 17. The singer, whose real name is Annie Clark, performed two songs as she made her debut appearance on the comedy show.
Clark first wowed her fans with a live rendition of a track called "Digital Witness". Dressed in an all-black outfit and joined onstage by a backing band, the former member of The Polyphonic Spree showcased her unique vocals while playing her guitar.
Later that night, Clark and her band returned to the stage to perform "Birth in Reverse". Both tracks performed on the show are featured in the singer's latest album "St. Vincent". The self-titled set, which received rave reviews from many music critics, was released back in February. It peaked at No. 12 on Billboard 200.
That night's "SNL" also included a number of other music-related skits, including one that sees Sasheer Zamata's Solange Knowles and Jay Pharoah's Jay-Z discussing their recent elevator altercation. Former cast member Andy Samberg made a return to the show as a guest host.
More St. Vincent News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger