St. Vincent Performs Tracks From New Album on 'Saturday Night Live'
St. Vincent helped wrap up the 39th season of "Saturday Night Live" on Saturday night, May 17. The singer, whose real name is Annie Clark, performed two songs as she made her debut appearance on the comedy show.
Clark first wowed her fans with a live rendition of a track called "Digital Witness". Dressed in an all-black outfit and joined onstage by a backing band, the former member of The Polyphonic Spree showcased her unique vocals while playing her guitar.
Later that night, Clark and her band returned to the stage to perform "Birth in Reverse". Both tracks performed on the show are featured in the singer's latest album "St. Vincent". The self-titled set, which received rave reviews from many music critics, was released back in February. It peaked at No. 12 on Billboard 200.
That night's "SNL" also included a number of other music-related skits, including one that sees Sasheer Zamata's Solange Knowles and Jay Pharoah's Jay-Z discussing their recent elevator altercation. Former cast member Andy Samberg made a return to the show as a guest host.
More St. Vincent News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney