Billboard Music Awards 2014: Lorde, Katy Perry Added to Winner List
More winners at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards have been revealed. Following a performance by winner Imagine Dragons, who wowed the crowd with the live version of "Tiptoe", Luke Bryan nabbed the Top Country Artist award.
The country superstar received his award from Phillip Phillips. In his acceptance speech, Bryan said that he and the "American Idol" season 11 winner came from the same little town in Georgia.
Lorde, who won the Best New Artist title earlier that night, returned to the stage to collect the Top Rock Song award for her smashing hit "Royals". Violinist Lindsey Stirling graced the stage with "Modern Family" star Sarah Hyland to hand the New Zealand native her trophy.
Josh Groban later came out to announce that the Top Female Artist award went to Katy Perry. The songstress, who couldn't make it to the event due to her ongoing "Prismatic" tour, appeared in a video to thank her fans.
Robin Thicke was then named as the winner in Top R&B Song category thanks to his hit single "Blurred Lines". The singer, who announced his split from actress Paula Patton earlier this year, thanked his estranged wife during his acceptance speech.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'