Robert Pattinson Says No to Another 'Twilight' Film
"Twilight" days are over for Robert Pattinson. The 28-year-old actor debuted his latest movie "The Rover" over the weekend at Cannes Film Festival and has been getting a lot of buzz from it, but he has no intention to come back to the film franchise that launched him into international watch.
Speaking of the 2008 vampire movie to Variety at the Vanity Fair Party on Saturday, May 17 night at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, Pattinson said, "No one thought it was going to be a big deal. We thought it was going to be like 'Thirteen'." He was referring to the first movie that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke helmed.
When asked whether he would jump into another "Twilight" movie, the actor said, "I couldn't do another 'Twilight' movie. I'm too old." He was excited for a reunion with director David Cronenberg though. "He's incredibly respectful," said Pattinson who first worked with the director in "Cosmopolis".
Pattinson is due to star in Brady Corbet's directorial debut, "The Childhood of a Leader" and is in talks for a movie directed by Harmony Korine.
"The Rover" hits U.S. theaters June 20. The action thriller follows a loner who tracks the gang who stole his car from a desolate town in the Australian outback with the forced assistance of a wounded guy left behind in the wake of the theft.
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head