Robert Pattinson Says No to Another 'Twilight' Film
"Twilight" days are over for Robert Pattinson. The 28-year-old actor debuted his latest movie "The Rover" over the weekend at Cannes Film Festival and has been getting a lot of buzz from it, but he has no intention to come back to the film franchise that launched him into international watch.
Speaking of the 2008 vampire movie to Variety at the Vanity Fair Party on Saturday, May 17 night at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, Pattinson said, "No one thought it was going to be a big deal. We thought it was going to be like 'Thirteen'." He was referring to the first movie that "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke helmed.
When asked whether he would jump into another "Twilight" movie, the actor said, "I couldn't do another 'Twilight' movie. I'm too old." He was excited for a reunion with director David Cronenberg though. "He's incredibly respectful," said Pattinson who first worked with the director in "Cosmopolis".
Pattinson is due to star in Brady Corbet's directorial debut, "The Childhood of a Leader" and is in talks for a movie directed by Harmony Korine.
"The Rover" hits U.S. theaters June 20. The action thriller follows a loner who tracks the gang who stole his car from a desolate town in the Australian outback with the forced assistance of a wounded guy left behind in the wake of the theft.
More Robert Pattinson News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image