Billboard Music Awards 2014: Justin Timberlake Among Early Winners
The 2014 Billboard Music Awards was kicked off at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 18 with Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez teaming up to perform the official World Cup song, "We Are One (Ole-Ola)". Host Ludacris later took over the show, appearing in a dapper suit and telling the crowd that they were "about to watch the Billboard charts come to life."
Invited to the stage as the first winner of the evening was Imagine Dragons. The Las Vegas-based band claimed the Top Rock Album award for their acclaimed LP, "Night Visions". After receiving their trophy from Shania Twain, they said, "Thank you to radio for playing us! This is an incredible honor."
After a dazzling performance from Shakira, Lucy Hale presented Justin Timberlake with the Top Billboard 200 Album award for his double album "The 20/20 Experience - The Complete Experience". The former NSYNC member, who couldn't attend the event, thanked everyone by singing "Thank You" in a video message.
Lorde later came out as a winner in Top New Artist category. Winning over fellow new artist including Ariana Grande, the "Royals" hitmakes accepted her trophy from Carrie Underwood. "I've written what I want to say on my phone, because I don't want to screw it up, the humble star said during her speech.
The BMAs is currently airing on ABC. More winners will be announced as the annual awards show unfolds.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment