First Look at Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger in 'Black Mass'
Johnny Depp was almost unrecognizable when spotted on the set of his new movie "Black Mass". He was spotted in Boston, Massachusetts wearing a bald cap with thin blond hair to portray Whitey Bulger in the true-story movie.
Bulger was an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger about the Feds' plan. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") serves as a director for the biopic.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip