First Look at Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger in 'Black Mass'
Johnny Depp was almost unrecognizable when spotted on the set of his new movie "Black Mass". He was spotted in Boston, Massachusetts wearing a bald cap with thin blond hair to portray Whitey Bulger in the true-story movie.
Bulger was an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger about the Feds' plan. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") serves as a director for the biopic.
- Two New Characters on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 Revealed. Get the Details!
- Khloe Kardashian Tries to 'Move On and Focus on Herself' During Her 'Sad' 32nd Birthday
- Ansel Elgort Is in Talks to Star in 'Dungeons and Dragons' Reboot
- Did Britney Spears Delay Single to Include Sample of Justin Timberlake's 'Cry Me a River'?
- George Clooney Reportedly 'Refused' to Protect Wife Amal From 'Bloodthirsty Terrorists'
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction