First Look at Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger in 'Black Mass'
Johnny Depp was almost unrecognizable when spotted on the set of his new movie "Black Mass". He was spotted in Boston, Massachusetts wearing a bald cap with thin blond hair to portray Whitey Bulger in the true-story movie.
Bulger was an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger about the Feds' plan. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") serves as a director for the biopic.
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year