First Look at Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger in 'Black Mass'
Johnny Depp was almost unrecognizable when spotted on the set of his new movie "Black Mass". He was spotted in Boston, Massachusetts wearing a bald cap with thin blond hair to portray Whitey Bulger in the true-story movie.
Bulger was an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger about the Feds' plan. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") serves as a director for the biopic.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'