First Look at Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger in 'Black Mass'
Johnny Depp was almost unrecognizable when spotted on the set of his new movie "Black Mass". He was spotted in Boston, Massachusetts wearing a bald cap with thin blond hair to portray Whitey Bulger in the true-story movie.
Bulger was an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger about the Feds' plan. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") serves as a director for the biopic.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards