Paul McCartney Cancels Tokyo Concerts After Coming Down With Virus
Paul McCartney was forced to cancel the rest of his gigs in Tokyo, Japan due to illness. He initially postponed the May 17 gig and planned to reschedule it for Monday, May 19. However, he hasn't completely recovered so he now has to postpone the May 18 and May 19 shows.
"I came down with a virus on Friday and following a visit from doctors, I've been told not to perform tonight," the former member of The Beatles announced the Saturday cancellation. "I am very sorry to all my fans as I was greatly looking forward to the concert, but the situation is out of my hands."
"Along with the doctors, I'm doing all I can to ensure I will be better for tomorrow night's show and the rest of my time in Japan," he added. "We are planning to replay this show on Monday. I really hope you can make it."
But by Sunday, he was still not well enough to do the promised show. "Doctors have ordered Paul to complete rest and he has been doing all he can to get better," his representative explained. "Paul has only ever had to reschedule a handful of shows in his entire career and is so upset about this situation, he hates to let people down."
He himself said, "Thank you so much for your kind messages and support. I'm so very touched. Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."
More Paul McCartney News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'