Paul McCartney Cancels Tokyo Concerts After Coming Down With Virus
Paul McCartney was forced to cancel the rest of his gigs in Tokyo, Japan due to illness. He initially postponed the May 17 gig and planned to reschedule it for Monday, May 19. However, he hasn't completely recovered so he now has to postpone the May 18 and May 19 shows.
"I came down with a virus on Friday and following a visit from doctors, I've been told not to perform tonight," the former member of The Beatles announced the Saturday cancellation. "I am very sorry to all my fans as I was greatly looking forward to the concert, but the situation is out of my hands."
"Along with the doctors, I'm doing all I can to ensure I will be better for tomorrow night's show and the rest of my time in Japan," he added. "We are planning to replay this show on Monday. I really hope you can make it."
But by Sunday, he was still not well enough to do the promised show. "Doctors have ordered Paul to complete rest and he has been doing all he can to get better," his representative explained. "Paul has only ever had to reschedule a handful of shows in his entire career and is so upset about this situation, he hates to let people down."
He himself said, "Thank you so much for your kind messages and support. I'm so very touched. Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves