Pamela Anderson Reveals Shocking Childhood Sexual Abuses
Pamela Anderson shocked her guests at a fundraising event during the Cannes Film Festival to benefit her foundation dedicated to protecting animals. The former "Baywatch" star said she suffered multiple sexual abuses when she was young.
"I feel now might be the time to reveal a few of my most painful memories. At the risk of over-exposing myself, again, or being inappropriate, again, I thought I might share with you why I am doing this," she began her speech, reading carefully-prepared notes.
"I did not have an easy childhood. Despite loving parents, I was molested from age six by a female babysitter," the blonde star opened up her dark past that drove her to seek solace with animals and led to her strong urges to protect them.
She experienced another abuse when she was teen. "I went to a friend's boyfriend's house and his older brother decided to teach me backgammon which led into a back massage, which led into rape. My first heterosexual experience. He was 25 years old and I was 12."
Anderson, now 46, went through another horrifying ordeal when her first boyfriend arranged for her to be gang-raped. He "decided it would be funny to gang-rape me with six friends. I wanted off this earth," she said in her heartbreaking revelation.
"This meant I had a hard time trusting humans," she explained. "My parents tried to keep me safe, but to me, the world was not a safe place. My dad was an alcoholic, my mom worked two jobs, my mom was always crying, dad didn't always come home."
"My affinity with animals saved me, they came to me naturally. The trees spoke to me. I wasn't sure why I was alive - a burning question, a quest," she said. "My loyalty remained with the animal kingdom. I vowed to protect them and only them. I prayed to the whales with my feet in the ocean, my only real friends until I had children."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked