Lea Michele Addresses Rumors of 'Glee' On-Set Feud With Naya Rivera
Lea Michele has spoken up on rumors that there was a rift between her and "Glee" co-star Naya Rivera. The actress talked about the issue during an appearance on "Late Show with David Letterman" Friday, May 16.
"It's really unbelievable the amount of the things that can just be completely made up," she told host David Letterman, denying the alleged on-set drama. "I think the way people like to pit women against each other ... it's really annoying, and it's really sad," she said, calling the rumors "really frustrating."
She jokingly added, "For me, if there were ever really a cat fight on the show, you'd know about it because I'd get a ring, and I'd put Jell-O in it, and I would make it fun for everyone and it would be super hot."
In late April, it was reported that there was a tension on the set of the FOX musical drama series that caused Rivera to be written of the season finale. Sources, however, claimed that Michele had nothing to do with it and Rivera wasn't fired from the show.
Series creator Ryan Murphy has also denied the story, telling Extra earlier this week, "I don't think there is a story between Naya and Lea. I always marvel at the things that become headline news that most of the time are completely fabricated. Naya's coming back next year, Lea's coming back next year. Anybody ever in that cast has an open invitation to come back and finish the character they so beautifully started."
More Glee News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival