Nicolas Cage to Play Disgraced Congressman in 'The Runner'
Nicolas Cage will get political in his next movie "The Runner (2015)". He is tapped to play Colin Price, an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed in a sex scandal.
The political thriller will take place in the aftermath of the tragic BP oil spill happening in 2010. Producer Austin Stark ("Infinitely Polar Bear") is confirmed to sit behind the lens, making his writing and directorial debut with the upcoming project.
"For my first film as a director, I'm honored to be working alongside one of the finest living actors, Nicolas Cage. The Runner, a contemporary political drama, is new and exciting territory for Mr. Cage. I have no doubt he's going to deliver a powerful and poignant performance, as relevant as the film itself," Stark said.
Cage, 50, was last seen starring in "Joe" last year with young actor Tye Sheridan. His next movies include crime thriller "Rage", biblical thriller "Left Behind", and actioner "Outcast".
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered