Nicolas Cage to Play Disgraced Congressman in 'The Runner'
Nicolas Cage will get political in his next movie "The Runner (2015)". He is tapped to play Colin Price, an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed in a sex scandal.
The political thriller will take place in the aftermath of the tragic BP oil spill happening in 2010. Producer Austin Stark ("Infinitely Polar Bear") is confirmed to sit behind the lens, making his writing and directorial debut with the upcoming project.
"For my first film as a director, I'm honored to be working alongside one of the finest living actors, Nicolas Cage. The Runner, a contemporary political drama, is new and exciting territory for Mr. Cage. I have no doubt he's going to deliver a powerful and poignant performance, as relevant as the film itself," Stark said.
Cage, 50, was last seen starring in "Joe" last year with young actor Tye Sheridan. His next movies include crime thriller "Rage", biblical thriller "Left Behind", and actioner "Outcast".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris