Nicolas Cage to Play Disgraced Congressman in 'The Runner'
Nicolas Cage will get political in his next movie "The Runner (2015)". He is tapped to play Colin Price, an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed in a sex scandal.
The political thriller will take place in the aftermath of the tragic BP oil spill happening in 2010. Producer Austin Stark ("Infinitely Polar Bear") is confirmed to sit behind the lens, making his writing and directorial debut with the upcoming project.
"For my first film as a director, I'm honored to be working alongside one of the finest living actors, Nicolas Cage. The Runner, a contemporary political drama, is new and exciting territory for Mr. Cage. I have no doubt he's going to deliver a powerful and poignant performance, as relevant as the film itself," Stark said.
Cage, 50, was last seen starring in "Joe" last year with young actor Tye Sheridan. His next movies include crime thriller "Rage", biblical thriller "Left Behind", and actioner "Outcast".
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?