Nicolas Cage to Play Disgraced Congressman in 'The Runner'
Nicolas Cage will get political in his next movie "The Runner (2015)". He is tapped to play Colin Price, an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed in a sex scandal.
The political thriller will take place in the aftermath of the tragic BP oil spill happening in 2010. Producer Austin Stark ("Infinitely Polar Bear") is confirmed to sit behind the lens, making his writing and directorial debut with the upcoming project.
"For my first film as a director, I'm honored to be working alongside one of the finest living actors, Nicolas Cage. The Runner, a contemporary political drama, is new and exciting territory for Mr. Cage. I have no doubt he's going to deliver a powerful and poignant performance, as relevant as the film itself," Stark said.
Cage, 50, was last seen starring in "Joe" last year with young actor Tye Sheridan. His next movies include crime thriller "Rage", biblical thriller "Left Behind", and actioner "Outcast".
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details