Nicolas Cage to Play Disgraced Congressman in 'The Runner'
Nicolas Cage will get political in his next movie "The Runner (2015)". He is tapped to play Colin Price, an idealistic but flawed New Orleans congressman who is forced to confront his dysfunctional life after his career is destroyed in a sex scandal.
The political thriller will take place in the aftermath of the tragic BP oil spill happening in 2010. Producer Austin Stark ("Infinitely Polar Bear") is confirmed to sit behind the lens, making his writing and directorial debut with the upcoming project.
"For my first film as a director, I'm honored to be working alongside one of the finest living actors, Nicolas Cage. The Runner, a contemporary political drama, is new and exciting territory for Mr. Cage. I have no doubt he's going to deliver a powerful and poignant performance, as relevant as the film itself," Stark said.
Cage, 50, was last seen starring in "Joe" last year with young actor Tye Sheridan. His next movies include crime thriller "Rage", biblical thriller "Left Behind", and actioner "Outcast".
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs