FX Announces 'The Bridge' Return, Premiere Date of 'Guillermo del Toro' 'The Strain'
FX has set the summer premiere dates for its new and returning series. Among the highly-anticipated ones is new series "The Strain" from executive producer Guillermo del Toro. Based on del Toro and Chuck Hogan's best-selling novels of the same name, the high-concept thriller is set to debut Sunday, July 13 at 10 P.M. ET.
The story centers on Dr. Ephraim Goodweather (Corey Stoll), the head of the Centers for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called on to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers wage war for the fate of humanity.
Another new series on the cable channel, "Tyrant", will premiere Tuesday, June 24 at 10 P.M. ET. It tells the story of an unassuming American family drawn into the workings of a turbulent Middle Eastern nation.
Sophomore series "The Bridge", meanwhile, will return with new episodes beginning Wednesday, July 9 at 10 P.M. ET, with Diane Kruger, Demian Bichir and Matthew Lillard still in the cast ensemble.
FX's sister network FXX has also set the premiere date for the fourth and final season of "Wilfred" (Wednesday, June 25 at 10 P.M. ET). New comedies "Married" (starring Nat Faxon and Judy Greer) and "You're the Worst" (starring Aya Cash and Chris Geere) will start airing on the network Thursday, July 17 at 10 P.M. ET and 10:30 P.M. ET respectively.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018