Andrew Garfield Plays a Transgender in Arcade Fire's 'We Exist' Video
The official music video for Arcade Fire's "We Exist" has arrived in full. Hitting Vevo on Friday, May 16, the six-minute clip features "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" star Andrew Garfield transforming himself into a blonde-haired lady.
In the first part of the visuals, Garfield is seen standing in front of the mirror and shaving his head before putting on a bra and trying to wear some different shirts. He completes his look with a blonde wig and heads to a bar where he ends up being beaten up by several men
Garfield's character eventually finds his way to Coachella, where Arcade Fire is performing. The video concludes with him joining the group onstage.
"We Exist" is a song off Arcade Fire's latest album, "Reflektor". It tells a tale about a boy coming out to his father. The music video was shot last month during the Montreal band's real Coachella set. "The right to marry anyone you want is a human rights issue," the band told the crowd before performing the song at their Coachella show.
Arcade Fire's "We Exist" music video
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern