Andrew Garfield Plays a Transgender in Arcade Fire's 'We Exist' Video
The official music video for Arcade Fire's "We Exist" has arrived in full. Hitting Vevo on Friday, May 16, the six-minute clip features "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" star Andrew Garfield transforming himself into a blonde-haired lady.
In the first part of the visuals, Garfield is seen standing in front of the mirror and shaving his head before putting on a bra and trying to wear some different shirts. He completes his look with a blonde wig and heads to a bar where he ends up being beaten up by several men
Garfield's character eventually finds his way to Coachella, where Arcade Fire is performing. The video concludes with him joining the group onstage.
"We Exist" is a song off Arcade Fire's latest album, "Reflektor". It tells a tale about a boy coming out to his father. The music video was shot last month during the Montreal band's real Coachella set. "The right to marry anyone you want is a human rights issue," the band told the crowd before performing the song at their Coachella show.
Arcade Fire's "We Exist" music video
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle