Andrew Garfield Plays a Transgender in Arcade Fire's 'We Exist' Video
The official music video for Arcade Fire's "We Exist" has arrived in full. Hitting Vevo on Friday, May 16, the six-minute clip features "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" star Andrew Garfield transforming himself into a blonde-haired lady.
In the first part of the visuals, Garfield is seen standing in front of the mirror and shaving his head before putting on a bra and trying to wear some different shirts. He completes his look with a blonde wig and heads to a bar where he ends up being beaten up by several men
Garfield's character eventually finds his way to Coachella, where Arcade Fire is performing. The video concludes with him joining the group onstage.
"We Exist" is a song off Arcade Fire's latest album, "Reflektor". It tells a tale about a boy coming out to his father. The music video was shot last month during the Montreal band's real Coachella set. "The right to marry anyone you want is a human rights issue," the band told the crowd before performing the song at their Coachella show.
Arcade Fire's "We Exist" music video
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2