As I Lay Dying's Member Tim Lambesis Sentenced to Six Years in Jail
Tim Lambesis has been sentenced to six years in jail for attempting to hire a hitman to kill his estranged wife, Meggan. The member of metal band As I Lay Dying received the sentence on Friday, May 16 in San Diego Superior Court. His bandmates Nick Hipa, Phil Sgrosso and Josh Gilbert were also present as Judge Carlos Armour announced the sentencing.
In February, Lambesis pleaded guilty to the felony charge of soliciting the murder of his wife. He was arrested in May 2013 after he offered $1,000 to an undercover agent, who posed as a hitman, to kill Meggan. Lambesis told the agent to carry out the mission when he was with their adopted children to create an alibi.
As reported by Radio.com, Meggan and her parents spoke during the sentencing. Meggan's father Mike Murphy said that he and his family were still haunted by the murder plot. Meggan's mother commented that the rocker was "abusive."
Meggan, meanwhile, said that her estranged husband's behavior changed prior to the arrest and he became "dangerous." She then requested the maximum sentence and a lifetime restraining order.
Lambesis' attorney Tom Warwick argued that using steroids contributed to his "aberrant behavior" back then. The judge, however, said that it wasn't the steroids, but a "flaw of character." He sentenced Lambesis to six years in prison and granted Meggan and her children 10 years of protection.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'