Emilia Clarke and Nicholas Hoult Cast as Bonnie and Clyde in 'Go Down Together'
Emilia Clarke and Nicholas Hoult have landed key roles in an upcoming heist movie "Go Down Together". The former is tapped to play femme fatale Bonnie Parker, and the latter is booked to portray her partner-in-crime Clyde Barrow.
The movie will be directed by Michael Sucsy. The script adapted from Jeff Guinn's non-fiction book "Go Down Together: The True, Untold Story of Bonnie and Clyde" is penned by Sheldon Turner ("Up in the Air") and David Auburn ("Proof").
Bonnie and Clyde are infamous American robbers who went on a crime spree during the Great Depression. Their story was first turned into a feature film by Hollywood in 1958's "The Bonnie Parker Story" and then in 1967's "Bonnie and Clyde". It also inspired a TV movie in 1992 and a miniseries last year.
Attempts to bring the infamous outlaws back to the big screen have been in the works for several years. Back in 2011, Hilary Duff and Kevin Zegers were attached to play the lead roles in a project called "The Story of Bonnie and Clyde". She later withdrew due to scheduling conflicts and "True Blood" star Lindsay Pulsipher was brought in as replacement.
Clarke, known for her role in "Game of Thrones", is currently filming "Terminator: Genesis" where she plays Sarah Connor. Hoult will soon be seen reprising his X-Men role as Beast in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" due May 23 in the United States.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy