Barbara Walters Interviews Her Impersonator on Last 'The View' Day
After stopping by "Saturday Night Live" last week, Barbara Walters teamed up with former "SNL" cast member Cheri Oteri to mark her final day on "The View". As she signed off from the ABC talk show that she co-created, the veteran TV journalist enlisted the help of the actress, known for her impression of Walters, so that she could interview herself.
Donning the exactly same outfit with Walters', Oteri's Walters talked about the origins of the daytime talk show. "At the time, little did I know that I would be surrounded by four cackling hens, all speaking over each other where I couldn't get a word in edgewise," she jokingly said.
Claiming that her best-selling book "Audition" included her story about "having a no holds barred sexual affair with a black man," the fake Walters also revealed what she would do in retirement. "I've accomplished so much in my career, but there are certain things that I feel like I've missed out on, ordinary things like, I'd like to get a Costco card," Oteri's Walters said.
Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Michael Douglas and a bunch of female TV journalists, including Diane Sawyer, Katie Couric and Robin Roberts (II), paid a visit to "The View" on Walters' final episode of the show. All former "The View" co-hosts, Meredith Vieira, Star Jones, Debbie Matenopoulos, Joy Behar, Lisa Ling, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Rosie O'Donnell, also reunited with the current co-hosts to help send Walters off.
Giving some advice to Walters on what she should do on her retirement, Clinton said, "Take some time. You have a wealth of friends who adore you. Spend some time with them, take a real vacation." She went on sharing her own experience, "I go out with my dogs, my husband and I take long walks, just let down and enjoy," adding, "For like a week at least."
Walters told ABC News after her last appearance on the show which debuted in 1997, "I was teary, but I wasn't going to cry because I was really very happy," adding, "It was, really, for me, very moving."
Walters remains a co-executive producer on "The View" and will make occasional appearance for special events on the talk show.
More The View News
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up