Rachel Roy Makes Reference to Jay-Z's Song in Tweet After Solange Elevator Attack
Rachel Roy, who reportedly is in the center of Jay-Z and Solange Knowles' recent fight, seemingly sent a cheeky message by mentioning the rapper's song in a recent tweet. The designer took to Twitter on Wednesday, May 14 to promote her new summer clothing line.
"The beach is better! Escape with RRR's Summer '14," she wrote, adding a link of her site. "Beach Is Better" is a song featured in Jay-Z's latest album "Magna Carta... Holy Grail", but Roy explained in a later post that she did not mean anything with the tweet. "Tweeties this is silly,the beach IS better in summer or anytime in my book, no idea that was the name of a song, #welovethesea #alllove xxRR," she wrote the next day.
Beyonce Knowles' sister was caught going physical against Jay-Z when they were in an elevator at the Standard Hotel earlier this month. According to a recent report by New York Daily News, the fight started because Solange did not like the way the rapper acted around Roy at the Met Gala. "Rachel is a little too close to Jay Z. Solange doesn't like it, and Beyonce doesn't like it," a source said.
On Thursday, the famous sisters and the rapper finally broke silence and released a statement to media regarding the elevator attack, saying that the family "has worked through it." The statement read, "They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
More Jay-Z News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'