Mariah Carey Debuts New Song as She Kicks Off 'Today' Summer Concert Series
Mariah Carey helped kick off the "Today" summer concert series. The singer, who's promoting her upcoming album "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse", performed her new and old tracks when she took the stage in NYC's Rockefeller Plaza on Friday morning, May 16.
Carey, showing off some cleavage in a long black dress, opened her 3-song set with "Touch My Body" which appears in her 2008 album. She then treated the crowd with the first live performance of a track called "You Don't Know What to Do".
Featuring guest vocals from rapper Wale, the mid-tempo R&B song is a cut from the Carey's new LP. The 44-year-old diva co-wrote it with collaborator Wale and Jermaine Dupri.
Nick Cannon's wife later wrapped up her concert with "Always Be My Baby", the chart-topping hit single from her 1995 album "Daydream".
During her appearance on the morning show, Carey also talked about "Me. I Am Mariah". She said that the title was inspired by a self-portrait she drew when she was 3 years old. "What it really is, is from that little girl and who she was and all that it has taken to kind of feel like a complete person," she explained.
"Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse" will serve as Carey's fourteenth studio effort. Also featuring guest appearances from Miguel, Nas and Fabolous, the album is scheduled to hit the stores on May 23.
More Mariah Carey News
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand