Mariah Carey Debuts New Song as She Kicks Off 'Today' Summer Concert Series
Mariah Carey helped kick off the "Today" summer concert series. The singer, who's promoting her upcoming album "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse", performed her new and old tracks when she took the stage in NYC's Rockefeller Plaza on Friday morning, May 16.
Carey, showing off some cleavage in a long black dress, opened her 3-song set with "Touch My Body" which appears in her 2008 album. She then treated the crowd with the first live performance of a track called "You Don't Know What to Do".
Featuring guest vocals from rapper Wale, the mid-tempo R&B song is a cut from the Carey's new LP. The 44-year-old diva co-wrote it with collaborator Wale and Jermaine Dupri.
Nick Cannon's wife later wrapped up her concert with "Always Be My Baby", the chart-topping hit single from her 1995 album "Daydream".
During her appearance on the morning show, Carey also talked about "Me. I Am Mariah". She said that the title was inspired by a self-portrait she drew when she was 3 years old. "What it really is, is from that little girl and who she was and all that it has taken to kind of feel like a complete person," she explained.
"Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse" will serve as Carey's fourteenth studio effort. Also featuring guest appearances from Miguel, Nas and Fabolous, the album is scheduled to hit the stores on May 23.
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest