'Interstellar' First Full Trailer Reveals Characters and Super Secret Plot
The first full trailer of "Interstellar" that gives away its super-secret plot has been released. Compared to the teaser released last year, the new one sheds more light into Matthew McConaughey's role, the problem that humankind faces and the characters' personal dilemmas.
Coming from Christopher Nolan, the science-fiction project was kept under wrap for years before the synopsis was released. It chronicles the adventures of a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.
McConaughey's character is revealed in the trailer as a well-educated man, a trained pilot and an engineer. Michael Caine's character tells him that mankind "isn't meant to save the world" but meant to leave it in the wake of a natural disaster that would stop food production on Earth.
Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain's characters are not highlighted in the trailer that first debuted at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum last week. However, there has been a speculation that Chastain will play the adult version of Mackenzie Foy's character aka Matthew McConaughey's on-screen daughter. As seen in the trailer, Chastain's character wears the same jacket that her father wears before leaving Earth.
"Interstellar" will open in U.S. theaters November 7.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed