'Interstellar' First Full Trailer Reveals Characters and Super Secret Plot
The first full trailer of "Interstellar" that gives away its super-secret plot has been released. Compared to the teaser released last year, the new one sheds more light into Matthew McConaughey's role, the problem that humankind faces and the characters' personal dilemmas.
Coming from Christopher Nolan, the science-fiction project was kept under wrap for years before the synopsis was released. It chronicles the adventures of a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.
McConaughey's character is revealed in the trailer as a well-educated man, a trained pilot and an engineer. Michael Caine's character tells him that mankind "isn't meant to save the world" but meant to leave it in the wake of a natural disaster that would stop food production on Earth.
Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain's characters are not highlighted in the trailer that first debuted at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum last week. However, there has been a speculation that Chastain will play the adult version of Mackenzie Foy's character aka Matthew McConaughey's on-screen daughter. As seen in the trailer, Chastain's character wears the same jacket that her father wears before leaving Earth.
"Interstellar" will open in U.S. theaters November 7.
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?
- Daniel Radcliffe Plays Corpse on Red Carpet of 'Swiss Army Man' Premiere
- Matthew McConaughey Could Be Your Teacher. Actor Is Going to Teach at University of Texas
- Drake 'Never Stops' Loving Rihanna
- 'Underworld: Blood Wars' Release Date Is Pushed Back to 2017
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby