Shailene Woodley Explains Why She's Homeless and Sleeps on Friends' Couches
Shailene Woodley doesn't have a house, and she has no problem with that. She gave her home in Los Angeles to her loved one and packed up her belongings in "a carry-on suitcase." "I gave it to my grandma," she told Jimmy Kimmel. So, where does she sleep now that she's effectively homeless? "Literally, on friends' couches," she said.
"I was only home for 15 days last year and I got home and I was like, 'I don't want to be alone. I wanted to be with my friends and family," the pixie-haired star explained her reasoning. "So I got rid of everything just so I could have one suitcase that would be easy to transport between houses and just kind of couch surf for a few months."
"But it's so refreshing and it takes so much stress away when you're like, 'Ugh, I only have one pair of jeans to wash.' It's so nice," the "Divergent" actress continued. She's fine with that because she's always traveling, "I was only here in LA for two months, so when you're home you kind of want to soak up faces and places. And then I leave again."
Woodley was not a cell phone enthusiast either. She used not to have one, but "I do have a phone right now," she said, "because we've been doing so much press and they were like, 'Shai, we need to be able to get ahold of you, so here's a temporary phone and we've taped the number to the back of it so you won't forget it. It's kind of hilarious."
More Shailene Woodley News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton