Shailene Woodley Explains Why She's Homeless and Sleeps on Friends' Couches
Shailene Woodley doesn't have a house, and she has no problem with that. She gave her home in Los Angeles to her loved one and packed up her belongings in "a carry-on suitcase." "I gave it to my grandma," she told Jimmy Kimmel. So, where does she sleep now that she's effectively homeless? "Literally, on friends' couches," she said.
"I was only home for 15 days last year and I got home and I was like, 'I don't want to be alone. I wanted to be with my friends and family," the pixie-haired star explained her reasoning. "So I got rid of everything just so I could have one suitcase that would be easy to transport between houses and just kind of couch surf for a few months."
"But it's so refreshing and it takes so much stress away when you're like, 'Ugh, I only have one pair of jeans to wash.' It's so nice," the "Divergent" actress continued. She's fine with that because she's always traveling, "I was only here in LA for two months, so when you're home you kind of want to soak up faces and places. And then I leave again."
Woodley was not a cell phone enthusiast either. She used not to have one, but "I do have a phone right now," she said, "because we've been doing so much press and they were like, 'Shai, we need to be able to get ahold of you, so here's a temporary phone and we've taped the number to the back of it so you won't forget it. It's kind of hilarious."
More Shailene Woodley News
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune