Shailene Woodley Explains Why She's Homeless and Sleeps on Friends' Couches
Shailene Woodley doesn't have a house, and she has no problem with that. She gave her home in Los Angeles to her loved one and packed up her belongings in "a carry-on suitcase." "I gave it to my grandma," she told Jimmy Kimmel. So, where does she sleep now that she's effectively homeless? "Literally, on friends' couches," she said.
"I was only home for 15 days last year and I got home and I was like, 'I don't want to be alone. I wanted to be with my friends and family," the pixie-haired star explained her reasoning. "So I got rid of everything just so I could have one suitcase that would be easy to transport between houses and just kind of couch surf for a few months."
"But it's so refreshing and it takes so much stress away when you're like, 'Ugh, I only have one pair of jeans to wash.' It's so nice," the "Divergent" actress continued. She's fine with that because she's always traveling, "I was only here in LA for two months, so when you're home you kind of want to soak up faces and places. And then I leave again."
Woodley was not a cell phone enthusiast either. She used not to have one, but "I do have a phone right now," she said, "because we've been doing so much press and they were like, 'Shai, we need to be able to get ahold of you, so here's a temporary phone and we've taped the number to the back of it so you won't forget it. It's kind of hilarious."
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!