Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Confirmed to Get Married in Florence, Italy
After countless rumors, finally the official words regarding when and where Kanye West and kim Kardashian will get married are out. The couple is set to get married in a highly-anticipated wedding on May 24 in Florence, Italy, confirms spokeswoman Elisa Di Lupo at the Florence mayor's office.
The ceremony will take place at Florence's 16th-century Belvedere Fort which was located near the famed Boboli Gardens. The building was built in 1590 and was just reopened for the public in 2013 after being closed for five years due to renovations. The pair rented it for 300,000 euros ($410,000).
An invitation previously leaked, indicating that a pre-wedding dinner would take place on May 23 in Paris, but it did not mention the wedding location. The festivities will indeed be kicked off in Paris before the guests head to Italy for the nuptials. A Protestant minister will preside over the ceremony.
"I love Florence, I love Italy and the Italian lifestyle," Kanye said to Florence's La Nazione newspaper. "And I think we conceived our daughter North here, among the masterpieces of the Renaissance. It was our first honeymoon." He added, "It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, for me the most beautiful in Europe."
Of his upcoming wedding with his baby mama, Kanye couldn't hide his excitement. "[Very] excited. But very happy," he gushed. "I'm a romantic: Kim for Mother's Day I donated a wall of flowers. The family is everything to me, is the antidote to the drudgery of fame. The family and the creativity relax me. And I like to create for my family."
The rapper is currently in Florence not just to prepare for the wedding but also to continue his study and love for fashion. "Here I want to learn the art of the designer," he opened up. "Ed Herman is my Master. For me fashion is not a game, it's a real passion and here in his study are not treated as a celebrity but as an artist."
More Kanye West News
- Real-Life Vigilante! Tom Hardy Goes Into 'Superhero Mode' to Take Down a Thief
- Watch First Footage of ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake
- Rihanna on Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott's Romance: She Thinks It's 'Tasteless'
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance