Unseen Footage From 'Twin Peaks' Movie to Be Released in Upcoming Box Set
Fans of classic TV series "Twin Peaks" rejoice. The unseen footage that they asked to get released in a 2011 Facebook campaign is now confirmed to be included in a box set called "Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery" which is due on July 29, Entertainment Weekly reports.
The treasure footage includes nearly 90-minute never-before-seen deleted and alternate outtakes from the show's 1992 movie prequel, "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me". It will be featured in the package as extra bonus along with the entire TV series and the movie itself.
Directed by David Lynch, "Fire Walk With Me" depicted the dark and supernatural events before high school homecoming queen Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) was killed. Her death later became a focal point of the TV show which ran for two seasons from 1990-1991.
"During the last days in the life of Laura Palmer many things happened, which have never been seen before," Lynch said in a statement. "They're here now alongside the new transfer of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me and Twin Peaks, the television series."
The director personally supervised the box set. During an appearance at the Brooklyn Academy of Music recently, he talked about one of his favorite settings in the story, "There's a beautiful thing about a diner. Your mind can go into dark places, but you can always return to the warmth and comfort of a well-lit diner. It's a nice place to think."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge