Mariah Carey Accused of Stealing 'Thirsty' Hook
Mariah Carey has been accused of plagiarizing another musician's work. A Los Angeles-based duo named Purple Crush claims the 44-year-old diva stole the hook of her recently-released single "Thirsty" from a song, also titled "Thirsty", that they released back in 2013.
The group spotted some similarities between the two tracks and posted an Instagram video of them comparing Carey's "Thirsty" and their own "Thirsty". "I can now add Mariah Carey to the list... #youstolemyhook #thirsty #leavetheundergroundalone," they captioned the clip.
Purple Crush is the same group who sued Lady GaGa's former manager/producer Rob Fusari back in 2011 over money owed to them for production work in the Mother Monster's "Born This Way" album.
Carey's "Thirsty", which arrived earlier this week, will appear in her upcoming album "Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse". The club-friendly slow-tempo R&B track features guest vocals from Rich Homie Quan. The singer has yet commented on the accusation.
More Mariah Carey News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?