'The Vampire Diaries' Brings Back Matt Davis, 'Arrow' Ups John Barrowman to Series Regular
A familiar face will rejoin "The Vampire Diaries" cast in season 6. Following his character Alaric's surprise appearance in the season fifth finale, Matthew Davis it set to return as series regular when the show debuts its new installment in the fall, TV Guide reports.
Davis' Alaric was first introduced in the first season of the vampire-themed drama series as a history teacher at Mystic Falls High and a vampire hunter, but then became a surrogate parent to Elena and Jeremy. He died in season 3 but appeared a few times in season 4 as a ghost.
In the latest episode which aired May 15, [SPOILER ALERT!] when the show's protagonists raced to bring their friends and loved ones from the Other Side, Elena, Stefan, Alaric, Tyler and Luke and Enzo made it back, but Damon and Bonnie were stuck on the Other Side. This apparently paved way for Davis' return in full-fledged role.
Meanwhile, another The CW series, "Arrow", has promoted John Barrowman to series regular for season 3. Lead actor Stephen Amell first broke the news via Twitter, posting a picture of Barrowman playfully choking him. "#Arrow has a new series regular. @Team_Barrowman -- What could go wrong?!?!" the Oliver Queen depicter captioned the image.
Barrowman, who first recurred as Malcolm Merlyn in season 1 of the superhero series, told TVLine at The CW's Upfronts event that he's "excited to explore what is yet to come between Malcolm and [daughter] Thea," who left Starling City with him at the end of the season 2 finale, "and also what's yet to come between Oliver and Malcolm, and all of the rest of them."
More The Vampire Diaries News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered