Leslie Moonves Denies Offering Neil Patrick Harris CBS Late-Night Gig
A day after Neil Patrick Harris confirmed he was considered as David Letterman's possible replacement for the "Late Night" show, CBS chief Leslie Moonves clarified it in an interview with Bloomberg. Moonves denied that they had extended an offer to the actor, claiming that Harris' story was "not exactly true."
"We said, 'All right Neil, what do you want to do? What are the possibilities? Want to come do a new series with us? And we knew probably Letterman and 12:30 might be open, late night. What do you think about that?' " he recalled his conversation with Harris after he completed the production of CBS' sitcom "How I Met Your Mother".
"So, it was a very general topic. I wouldn't say we didn't talk about it, but he wasn't offered it per se," Moonves explained. He added that he wanted Harris back in the CBS family in "any way" he would like to do it, including a variety show that Harris suggested or another comedy.
He also addressed "Late Late Show" rumors that mentioned Joel McHale and Chelsea Handler as candidates to replace Craig Ferguson. While saying that "there was no discussion about 12:30" with the "Community" actor despite a photo of him with his wife Julie Chen and McHale at a party, Moonves didn't completely rule out the possibility of Handler joining the network.
"The only reason we said not is because she was tweeting out these pictures with CBS logos and all that," he said, referring to CBS' statement that denied there were any conversations with the "Chelsea Lately" host. He added, "But Chelsea's great. There are a lot of possibilities. There are a lot of terrific people there."
More Neil Patrick Harris News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'