Report: Universal Working on Marvel's 'Namor: The Sub-Mariner' Movie
Another Marvel property is reportedly going to be turned into a movie. According to a scoop from Latino-Review, Universal is developing a feature film depicting comic book superhero "Namor: The Sub-Mariner", the son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
Universal has "no comment" when asked about the rumor, but the studio did list an untitled 2016 event project" for November 4, 2016 release through Legendary Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter once said "that is new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property."
Other details are still unclear, but "Godzilla" screenwriter Max Borenstein said in a new interview with Collider, "There is this secret project that I've been working on with the folks at Legendary, which I'm excited about. I think there's a decent shot of that [going into production]. I can't get into details, but hopefully soon, it will hit the universe."
This news comes on heels of rumors that Zac Efron was being offered a role for an upcoming Marvel project.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video