Report: Universal Working on Marvel's 'Namor: The Sub-Mariner' Movie
Another Marvel property is reportedly going to be turned into a movie. According to a scoop from Latino-Review, Universal is developing a feature film depicting comic book superhero "Namor: The Sub-Mariner", the son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
Universal has "no comment" when asked about the rumor, but the studio did list an untitled 2016 event project" for November 4, 2016 release through Legendary Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter once said "that is new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property."
Other details are still unclear, but "Godzilla" screenwriter Max Borenstein said in a new interview with Collider, "There is this secret project that I've been working on with the folks at Legendary, which I'm excited about. I think there's a decent shot of that [going into production]. I can't get into details, but hopefully soon, it will hit the universe."
This news comes on heels of rumors that Zac Efron was being offered a role for an upcoming Marvel project.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy