Report: Universal Working on Marvel's 'Namor: The Sub-Mariner' Movie
Another Marvel property is reportedly going to be turned into a movie. According to a scoop from Latino-Review, Universal is developing a feature film depicting comic book superhero "Namor: The Sub-Mariner", the son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
Universal has "no comment" when asked about the rumor, but the studio did list an untitled 2016 event project" for November 4, 2016 release through Legendary Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter once said "that is new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property."
Other details are still unclear, but "Godzilla" screenwriter Max Borenstein said in a new interview with Collider, "There is this secret project that I've been working on with the folks at Legendary, which I'm excited about. I think there's a decent shot of that [going into production]. I can't get into details, but hopefully soon, it will hit the universe."
This news comes on heels of rumors that Zac Efron was being offered a role for an upcoming Marvel project.
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017