Report: Universal Working on Marvel's 'Namor: The Sub-Mariner' Movie
Another Marvel property is reportedly going to be turned into a movie. According to a scoop from Latino-Review, Universal is developing a feature film depicting comic book superhero "Namor: The Sub-Mariner", the son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
Universal has "no comment" when asked about the rumor, but the studio did list an untitled 2016 event project" for November 4, 2016 release through Legendary Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter once said "that is new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property."
Other details are still unclear, but "Godzilla" screenwriter Max Borenstein said in a new interview with Collider, "There is this secret project that I've been working on with the folks at Legendary, which I'm excited about. I think there's a decent shot of that [going into production]. I can't get into details, but hopefully soon, it will hit the universe."
This news comes on heels of rumors that Zac Efron was being offered a role for an upcoming Marvel project.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars