Report: Universal Working on Marvel's 'Namor: The Sub-Mariner' Movie
Another Marvel property is reportedly going to be turned into a movie. According to a scoop from Latino-Review, Universal is developing a feature film depicting comic book superhero "Namor: The Sub-Mariner", the son of a human sea captain and a princess of the mythical undersea kingdom of Atlantis.
Universal has "no comment" when asked about the rumor, but the studio did list an untitled 2016 event project" for November 4, 2016 release through Legendary Pictures. The Hollywood Reporter once said "that is new and not a sequel or remake, though it may be based on underlying intellectual property."
Other details are still unclear, but "Godzilla" screenwriter Max Borenstein said in a new interview with Collider, "There is this secret project that I've been working on with the folks at Legendary, which I'm excited about. I think there's a decent shot of that [going into production]. I can't get into details, but hopefully soon, it will hit the universe."
This news comes on heels of rumors that Zac Efron was being offered a role for an upcoming Marvel project.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift