'American Idol' Results: Jena Irene and Caleb Johnson Are the Final 2
"American Idol" has revealed the two singers who will compete to be crowned the winner of season 13. But first the show played footage from the Top 3's hometown visits, with Jena Irene returning to Michigan, where she waited tables at the restaurant where she once worked. Ryan Seacrest then announced that she would perform with Paramore on the finale.
Former finalists Elliott Yamin and Danny Gokey paid a visit, and season 10 winner Scotty McCreery took the stage to perform summertime anthem "Feelin' It". The young country crooner got a kiss from Jennifer Lopez, prompting Ryan to joke, "You know, Jennifer likes younger guys." J.Lo replied, "I'm not the only one."
Next, fans got to see Alex Preston returning to his hometown of Mt. Vernon, New Hampshire. He reunited with his high school band Undertow and the governor declared it Alex Preston Day. Alex will sing with his idol Jason Mraz next week.
Caleb Johnson's hometown is Asheville, North Carolina. He visited the Rock Academy and reunited with his family. At his concert, the mayor declared it Caleb Johnson Day. Caleb was so excited when he's told that he would perform with KISS next week.
When it's time to announce the results, Ryan thanked the three finalists for what they'd done this season. Jena was the first to be announced safe, and Caleb learned he would be in the finals too despite having trouble with his voice on Wednesday performance show. Ryan said, "Which means we say goodbye tonight to Alex Preston."
The final performance show will be on Tuesday, May 20 at 8 P.M. and the two-hour finale will air Wednesday night starting at 8 P.M. Demi Lovato is tapped as a musical performer.
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?