Justin Bieber Sued by Paparazzo for Alleged Restaurant Scuffle
Justin Bieber is facing a new lawsuit in connection to an alleged scuffle with a paparazzo in January. As reported by TMZ, a photographer named Manuel Munoz claims that he was locked in a subway restaurant and was beaten by the Canadian singer's bodyguard shortly before Bieber was arrested for DUI.
The incident started when Munoz was taking pictures of Bieber when he was leaving SET Nightclub in Miami. The 20-year-old star's bodyguard Dwayne Patterson apparently did not like him taking photos and chased him to a subway nearby, locking him in a restaurant's restroom. Patterson reportedly wanted Munoz to delete the photos. He allegedly kicked and hit Munoz as he tried to remove the memory card.
Munoz's camera reportedly was damaged following the incident. The photographer is suing the entertainer and his bodyguard for unspecified damages.
A police report, however, gave a bit different account on the incident. According to the report, Munoz only said that Patterson tripped him, causing "small scratch in his left knee." The paparazzo also said that he asked Bieber $10,000 in exchange for the photos, but the bodyguard wouldn't give him more than $5,000.
An attorney for Bieber has commented on the lawsuit. Calling it "another shakedown for money," Howard Weitzman adds, "The paparazzo admits that Justin was not present at the alleged 'assault.' The paparazzo told the police he had only scratched his knee when he was allegedly tripped, but now claims he was beat up. There are no damages."
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie