Robin Thicke to Perform New Song About Paula Patton at Billboard Music Awards
Robin Thicke has been announced as a performer at the upcoming Billboard Music Awards. There's still no official word on what song the "Blurred Lines" hitmaker will sing at the event, but TMZ reports that he's going to perform a new song called "Get Her Back".
According to the site, the track features lyrics like "I should've kissed you longer/ I should've held you stronger" and "I gotta get her, go get her back / I gotta treat her right / I gotta cherish her for life." Thicke likely wrote the song with estranged wife Paula Patton in mind.
The couple, who has been married for nine years, announced their split back in February. The R&B singer has tried to win back the actress by dedicating a song to her and declared his love for her during his recent concerts.
Thicke joins other Billboard Music Award performers like Shakira, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, Imagine Dragons, Jennifer Lopez, Lorde and Miranda Lambert among others. The 37-year-old entertainer is also up for multiple awards including Top R&B Artist, Top R&B Album and Top Hot 100 Song.
Hosted by Ludacris, BMAs will air on ABC live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, May 18.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip