'Blade Runner' Sequel Producers Wooing Harrison Ford to Reprise Role
Producers of the untitled Blade Runner project are officially asking Harrison Ford to reprise his role as Rick Deckard. The film already has Ridley Scott, who directed the 1982 original, returning to direct and Hampton Fancher, who co-wrote the first movie, to write script with Michael Green.
"Blade Runner" followed a retired cop (Ford) who was enlisted to hunt down and kill a group of replicants in futuristic Los Angeles. Loosely based on Philip K. Dick's novel, the film was not a big commercial success upon release but it became a sci-fi classic that spawned video games and comics among others.
"We believe that Hampton Fancher and Michael Green have crafted with Ridley Scott an extraordinary sequel to one of the greatest films of all time. We would be honored, and we are hopeful, that Harrison will be part of our project," Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove of Alcon Entertainment said in a joint statement on Thursday, May 15.
Back in 2012, Scott told MTV that he was not sure on the idea of Ford reprising his role. "With Harrison Ford? I don't know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don't know how long he can live [laughs]. And that's all I'm going to say at this stage," he said. While the plot remains under wrap, the sequel is known to take place several decades after the events seen in the original movie.
More Blade Runner 2049 News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie