'Cinderella' First Teaser Trailer Shows Nothing But Shoe
Kenneth Branagh's "Cinderella" released its first teaser trailer which disappointingly did not reveal much about the live-action movie. Over a minute long, the video kicked off with a close-up look at glistening crystal which turned out to be the titular character's iconic glass shoe.
It basically gave away nothing because the CGI shoe was already displayed as the centerpiece of the film's poster. More was expected because the film carried a lot of heavyweight in its cast list including Cate Blanchett, Stellan Skarsgard and Helena Bonham Carter. Furthermore, the script was provided by "The Devil Wears Prada" scribe Aline Brosh McKenna and "About A Boy" writer Chris Weitz, meaning there's a curiosity on how they would tackle the classic.
"Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine (Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family.
"Cinderella" will open on March 13, 2015.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'