'Cinderella' First Teaser Trailer Shows Nothing But Shoe
Kenneth Branagh's "Cinderella" released its first teaser trailer which disappointingly did not reveal much about the live-action movie. Over a minute long, the video kicked off with a close-up look at glistening crystal which turned out to be the titular character's iconic glass shoe.
It basically gave away nothing because the CGI shoe was already displayed as the centerpiece of the film's poster. More was expected because the film carried a lot of heavyweight in its cast list including Cate Blanchett, Stellan Skarsgard and Helena Bonham Carter. Furthermore, the script was provided by "The Devil Wears Prada" scribe Aline Brosh McKenna and "About A Boy" writer Chris Weitz, meaning there's a curiosity on how they would tackle the classic.
"Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine (Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family.
"Cinderella" will open on March 13, 2015.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child