'Cinderella' First Teaser Trailer Shows Nothing But Shoe
Kenneth Branagh's "Cinderella" released its first teaser trailer which disappointingly did not reveal much about the live-action movie. Over a minute long, the video kicked off with a close-up look at glistening crystal which turned out to be the titular character's iconic glass shoe.
It basically gave away nothing because the CGI shoe was already displayed as the centerpiece of the film's poster. More was expected because the film carried a lot of heavyweight in its cast list including Cate Blanchett, Stellan Skarsgard and Helena Bonham Carter. Furthermore, the script was provided by "The Devil Wears Prada" scribe Aline Brosh McKenna and "About A Boy" writer Chris Weitz, meaning there's a curiosity on how they would tackle the classic.
"Cinderella" follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the tragic death of her mother. Keen to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new stepmother Lady Tremaine (Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella's father suddenly and unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family.
"Cinderella" will open on March 13, 2015.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake