Beyonce, Solange and Jay-Z's Statement Over Family Feud Captured on Camera
Beyonce Knowles, her husband Jay-Z and sister Solange Knowles have released a statement to address the family feud which became a public consumption after a video of it leaked. The three of them had resolved the problem and insisted whatever caused it was a private matter.
"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident," the trio said in a statement to The Associated Press Thursday, May 15. "But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it."
"Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."
They continued, "The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false. At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."
The leaked surveillance video showed Solange attacking her brother-in-law in an elevator after attending a Met Gala after-party at the Standard Hotel, New York on May 5. The hotel employee who leaked the video was fired "for breaching the security policies of the hotel and recording the confidential CCTV video released by TMZ," the hotel confirmed on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, it remains a speculation of what triggered the fight. The biggest rumor out there said it had something to do with designer Rachel Roy. Solange was unhappy that Roy got "too close" to Jay-Z at the party that she confronted her. "Rachel is a little too close to Jay Z," a source told NY Daily News. "Solange doesn't like it, and Beyonce doesn't like it."
Roy did not back down and it quickly turned into a spat. Jay-Z told Solange that she was "out of line" for mouthing off to Roy. The three of them left the hotel but Jay-Z said he wanted to go to Rihanna's after-party where Solange assumed Roy would be as well. That was enough to set off Solange's alarm.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media