Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Died From Suicide, Not Accidental Overdose
Autopsy and toxicology tests on Julia Roberts' half-sister have been completed. The Los Angeles County Coroner released a statement on Wednesday, May 14 that Nancy Motes, 37, committed suicide by consuming multiple drugs and climbing into a bathtub filled with water. The family previously stated that Motes passed away from "an apparent drug overdose."
"This is proof that Julia was manipulating the truth in terms of what happened," Motes' fiance John Dilbeck told New York Daily News. "She persisted that this was just a drug overdose and that Nancy was a drug addict. I want everyone to know Nancy was not a drug addict. This verdict from the coroner is more proof of that. I'm still suffering and in mourning, and this is one of the worst nightmares anyone can imagine."
Motes reportedly had a strained relationship with Roberts, 46. The younger sister, who worked as a dog walker and on the TV show "Glee", was found dead by her fiance on February 12 while pet-sitting for a client at a Los Angeles home. She allegedly left a lengthy suicide note before taking her own life.
Before the tragic day, Motes posted emotionally-distressed messages on Twitter. "So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B----!!" she tweeted on January 20, before adding two days later, "My own family has abandoned me."
"It's just heartbreak," Roberts said of her sister's death. "There aren't words to explain what any of us have been through in these last 20 days. It's hour by hour some days, but you just keep looking ahead. You don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, but there are so many tragic, painful, inexplicable things in the world." She added, "It's so hard to formulate a sentence about it outside the weepy huddle of my family."
A full autopsy report is expected to be released sometime soon.
More Julia Roberts News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified