CBS' New Series Trailers: 'Extant', 'Stalker', 'Madam Secretary' and More
Hyping up the upcoming premiere of new summer series "Extant", CBS has released a new extended trailer for the Halle Berry starrer. It has more footage from Molly Woods' (Berry) solo mission in outer space and reveals the complications that come after she returns home.
Molly learns she's pregnant after having a strange encounter with a mysterious male figure in her spaceship. While trying to hide her pregnancy, she also deals with the authority who tries to conceal secret from her. The sci-fi drama from executive producer Steven Spielberg is set to premiere Wednesday, July 9 at 9 P.M.
CBS, which has unveiled its full line-up for next TV season, also introduces new shows that are slated to debut this fall. They are "Stalker", "Madam Secretary", "Scorpion", "NCIS: New Orleans" and "The McCarthys".
"Stalker" features Maggie Q and Dylan McDermott as two detectives who investigate stalking incidents for the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD. They assess the threat level of cases and respond before the stalking and intimidation spirals out of control, all while trying to keep their personal obsessions at bay.
"Scorpion", mixing humor and action, focuses on a group of eccentric geniuses who teams up with a government agent to fight the new threats facing America in the digital age. The show, inspired by the true story of Walter O'Brien, has Elyes Gabel, Katharine McPhee, Robert Patrick and Eddie Kaye Thomas in the cast ensemble.
"Madam Secretary" is a drama about a college professor and a brilliant former CIA analyst, Elizabeth McCord (Tea Leoni), who is recruited as the new Secretary of State. She must drive international diplomacy and wrangle office politics, all while balancing a complex family life.
"'NCIS: New Orleans", the latest spin-off to "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service", stars Scott Bakula as the leader of the special agent team based in the Big Easy. With a leader who is driven by his need to do what is right, the team solves cases in the old school way.
"The McCarthys" is the only pure comedy added to CBS' slate this fall. Loosely based on the life of series creator Brian Gallivan ("Happy Endings"), it revolves around a close-knit working class Boston clan whose sports legacy runs deep in the family. When the gay son decides to fly the coop, his loving family has other plans.
"NCIS: New Orleans" Trailer:
"Madam Secretary" Trailer:
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo