Ariana Grande Thanks Her Fans With Studio Version of 'Boyfriend Material'
Ariana Grande has just dropped a track titled "Boyfriend Material". Arriving via her YouTube channel on Wednesday, May 14, the song is the Nickelodeon star's way to thank fans who have been supporting her over the years.
"Boyfriend Material" was recorded by Grande when she was working on her debut album, "Yours Truly". The catchy and fun song, however, failed to make the cut to the LP which peaked at No. 1 on Billboard 200 following its release last year.
"A little surprise for my loves as a thank you for all of your constant love, support and dedication," said Grande of the track. "I know how much y'all love this song and how disappointed you were when it didn't make it on to my first album so I knew I had to get it to you somehow someday."
"This song means a lot to me and holds such a special place in my heart as it was one of the first songs I did when I started working on 'Yours Truly' when I was like 17 .... don't worry... you'll get more of these oldies too as time goes on! I'm working on it for you. Love you all so much. you are everything. Love you," she added.
Grande is currently working on her second album which is scheduled to be released in August. The yet-to-be-titled record has spawned a hit single called "Problem". Featuring verses from Iggy Azalea, the song recently slipped from No. 3 to No. 4 on Billboard 100.
More Ariana Grande News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed