Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hardy Team Up for 'The True American'
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow is set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. She re-teams with Annapurna's Megan Ellison and Matthew Budman, who served as producers in her previous film "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)".
The film is based on a non-fiction book of the same title by New York Times journalist Anand Giridharadas. An American named Mark Stroman went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post the horrifying 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
Stroman gunned down three immigrants in Texas. Two of them were killed, and the third victim Raisuddin Bhuiyan survived but became partially blind. Stroman got death sentence, but Bhuiyan campaigned to save the life of the angry man who had shot him in the head.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake