Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hardy Team Up for 'The True American'
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow is set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. She re-teams with Annapurna's Megan Ellison and Matthew Budman, who served as producers in her previous film "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)".
The film is based on a non-fiction book of the same title by New York Times journalist Anand Giridharadas. An American named Mark Stroman went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post the horrifying 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
Stroman gunned down three immigrants in Texas. Two of them were killed, and the third victim Raisuddin Bhuiyan survived but became partially blind. Stroman got death sentence, but Bhuiyan campaigned to save the life of the angry man who had shot him in the head.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding