Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hardy Team Up for 'The True American'
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow is set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. She re-teams with Annapurna's Megan Ellison and Matthew Budman, who served as producers in her previous film "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)".
The film is based on a non-fiction book of the same title by New York Times journalist Anand Giridharadas. An American named Mark Stroman went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post the horrifying 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
Stroman gunned down three immigrants in Texas. Two of them were killed, and the third victim Raisuddin Bhuiyan survived but became partially blind. Stroman got death sentence, but Bhuiyan campaigned to save the life of the angry man who had shot him in the head.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event