Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hardy Team Up for 'The True American'
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow is set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. She re-teams with Annapurna's Megan Ellison and Matthew Budman, who served as producers in her previous film "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)".
The film is based on a non-fiction book of the same title by New York Times journalist Anand Giridharadas. An American named Mark Stroman went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post the horrifying 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
Stroman gunned down three immigrants in Texas. Two of them were killed, and the third victim Raisuddin Bhuiyan survived but became partially blind. Stroman got death sentence, but Bhuiyan campaigned to save the life of the angry man who had shot him in the head.
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24