Kathryn Bigelow and Tom Hardy Team Up for 'The True American'
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow is set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. She re-teams with Annapurna's Megan Ellison and Matthew Budman, who served as producers in her previous film "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)".
The film is based on a non-fiction book of the same title by New York Times journalist Anand Giridharadas. An American named Mark Stroman went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post the horrifying 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
Stroman gunned down three immigrants in Texas. Two of them were killed, and the third victim Raisuddin Bhuiyan survived but became partially blind. Stroman got death sentence, but Bhuiyan campaigned to save the life of the angry man who had shot him in the head.
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic