Lily Allen Reveals Why She Turned Down 'Game of Thrones' Role
While many are dying to land a role on "Game of Thrones", Lily Allen has turned down a chance to star on the commercially successful and critically acclaimed series. The British singer reveals she was offered a role as Theon Greyjoy's sister, which means she would've shared screen with her actor brother Alfie Allen, but passed on it.
"I've been asked to do a 'Game of Thrones' cameo," Allen says during "Ask Me Anything" Reddit session on Tuesday night, May 13. "They asked me if I'd be interested in playing Theon's sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and s**t. Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks."
She, however, doesn't rule completely out a possibility of her appearing on the HBO medieval series if there's a role that suits her. "I would be open to doing a musical cameo like Sigur Ros, though," she says.
"Game of Thrones", currently in its fourth season, airs Sundays at 9 P.M. on HBO. The part offered to Lily Allen, Yara Greyjoy, is eventually played by Gemma Whelan.
In other "Thrones" news, author George R.R. Martin told Conan O'Brien that he wrote his "Song of Ice and Fire" novel series, on which the TV show is based, on a DOS computer. "I have a secret weapon," he said. "I actually have TWO computers. I have a computer I browse the Internet with, and I get my email on, and I do my taxes on. Then I have my writing computer, which is a DOS machine -- not connected to the Internet... Remember DOS? I use WordStar 4.0 as my word processing system."
"It does everything I want a word processing program to do, and it doesn't do anything else," Martin explained. "I don't want any help, where you type a lower case letter and you want a capital. I don't want a capital. If I wanted a capital, I would have typed a capital. I know how to work the shift key."
More Game of Thrones News
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert