L.A. Reid Hints at New Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson Collaboration
A new Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson collaboration is apparently underway. Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid teased a project involving the two pop superstars when he recently sat down for an interview with Shaun Robinson on Access Hollywood.
Reid, who's also the man behind Jackson's "Xscape", first talked about a Bieber-featured track called "Slave 2 the Rhythm" which leaked last year. The song was removed from the web by Sony Music Entertainment and it later appeared in the late legend's just-released posthumous album without the 20-year-old star's vocals.
"I signed Justin, so I feel a loyalty. I feel like I should protect him. That's my relationship with him. But 'Slave 2 the Rhythm' didn't include him per my direction," he explained. "If it hadn't been leaked, it would have been featured but it sort of took the wrong turn. But you know what? We're gonna revisit that."
"We're going to revisit it and do something really special with Justin Bieber and Michael," he added.
"So Justin Bieber and Michael Jackson may be singing together on a future release of Michael's?" Robinson asked, to which Reid responded, "I'm pretty sure."
"Xscape" marks the second posthumous release by Jackson, who passed away in 2009. The album's lead cut "Love Never Felt So Good" last week debuted at No. 20 on Billboard 100. Its music video, which features an appearance from Justin Timberlake, was released on Wednesday, May 14.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern