Edgar Ramirez Replaces Gerard Butler in 'Point Break' Remake
Edgar Ramirez officially boards "Point Break" remake to play Bodhi made famous by the late Patrick Swayze in the original movie. The charismatic surfer was initially set to be played by Gerard Butler before he left due to creative differences and scheduling conflict.
The "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" actor joins Luke Bracey who will portray Johnny Utah, a hotshot FBI agent originally played by Keanu Reeves in the Kathryn Bigelow film, and Ray Winstone who is cast as an older FBI agent portrayed by Gary Busey in the classic movie.
Principal photography is expected to begin this summer for August 7, 2015 release. "We consider Edgar one of the finest actors in the world today, and we are thrilled he will be creating a fresh new take on the iconic character of Bodhi," said Alcon principals Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.
"Invincible" helmer Ericson Core sits behind the lens, and Kurt Wimmer writes the screenplay. The remake will revolve around an FBI agent infiltrating a crime ring set in the international world of extreme sports, not just limited to the Southern California surf scene like in the 1991 film.
Ramirez was last seen in "The Counselor" and will next appear in horror movie "Deliver Us from Evil". The Venezuelan actor recently wrapped the filming of "Hands of Stone". He plays the title character in the Roberto Duran biopic and shares screen with Robert De Niro.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier