Zac Efron Offered a Role for Upcoming Marvel Project
Zac Efron could join Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hot on heels of the success of his R-rated comedy "Neighbors" which beat "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" at the box office, the former Disney star is eyed for a role in an upcoming Marvel project.
According to a scoop from Latino Review, 26-year-old Efron has been given a script for the project. The role he is offered is still unspecified as his camp declines to give any comment on the matter. Disney also keeps tights lips on the rumor.
The former "High School Musical" actor has appeared in two movies this year. One is bromance comedy "That Awkward Moment" along with Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan who have landed plum roles in "The Fantastic Four".
The other is "Neighbors" with Seth Rogen. It grossed $51 million in its opening weekend in North America, pushing "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to the second spot after the Andrew Garfield-starring superhero pic ruled the movie chart for one weekend only.
Efron also once confirmed auditioning for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7", but his name was not among the cast recently revealed by Disney.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'