Zac Efron Offered a Role for Upcoming Marvel Project
Zac Efron could join Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hot on heels of the success of his R-rated comedy "Neighbors" which beat "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" at the box office, the former Disney star is eyed for a role in an upcoming Marvel project.
According to a scoop from Latino Review, 26-year-old Efron has been given a script for the project. The role he is offered is still unspecified as his camp declines to give any comment on the matter. Disney also keeps tights lips on the rumor.
The former "High School Musical" actor has appeared in two movies this year. One is bromance comedy "That Awkward Moment" along with Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan who have landed plum roles in "The Fantastic Four".
The other is "Neighbors" with Seth Rogen. It grossed $51 million in its opening weekend in North America, pushing "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to the second spot after the Andrew Garfield-starring superhero pic ruled the movie chart for one weekend only.
Efron also once confirmed auditioning for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7", but his name was not among the cast recently revealed by Disney.
More Zac Efron News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger