Zac Efron Offered a Role for Upcoming Marvel Project
Zac Efron could join Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hot on heels of the success of his R-rated comedy "Neighbors" which beat "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" at the box office, the former Disney star is eyed for a role in an upcoming Marvel project.
According to a scoop from Latino Review, 26-year-old Efron has been given a script for the project. The role he is offered is still unspecified as his camp declines to give any comment on the matter. Disney also keeps tights lips on the rumor.
The former "High School Musical" actor has appeared in two movies this year. One is bromance comedy "That Awkward Moment" along with Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan who have landed plum roles in "The Fantastic Four".
The other is "Neighbors" with Seth Rogen. It grossed $51 million in its opening weekend in North America, pushing "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to the second spot after the Andrew Garfield-starring superhero pic ruled the movie chart for one weekend only.
Efron also once confirmed auditioning for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7", but his name was not among the cast recently revealed by Disney.
More Zac Efron News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake