Zac Efron Offered a Role for Upcoming Marvel Project
Zac Efron could join Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hot on heels of the success of his R-rated comedy "Neighbors" which beat "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" at the box office, the former Disney star is eyed for a role in an upcoming Marvel project.
According to a scoop from Latino Review, 26-year-old Efron has been given a script for the project. The role he is offered is still unspecified as his camp declines to give any comment on the matter. Disney also keeps tights lips on the rumor.
The former "High School Musical" actor has appeared in two movies this year. One is bromance comedy "That Awkward Moment" along with Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan who have landed plum roles in "The Fantastic Four".
The other is "Neighbors" with Seth Rogen. It grossed $51 million in its opening weekend in North America, pushing "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" to the second spot after the Andrew Garfield-starring superhero pic ruled the movie chart for one weekend only.
Efron also once confirmed auditioning for J.J. Abrams' highly-anticipated "Star Wars Episode 7", but his name was not among the cast recently revealed by Disney.
More Zac Efron News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic